RV Insurance

Who Needs Motorhome Insurance?

There are several classes of recreational vehicles and they each need special insurance:

  • Class A covers RVs built like large commercial buses. This kind of motor home is complete and contains everything you need. 
  • Class B vehicles resemble vans, but have taller ceilings so you can stand up inside. They also have a longer wheelbase to accommodate the weight and additional room they provide.
  • Class C vehicles are large vehicles made from trucks or vans.
  • Fifth-wheel trailers like larger homes on wheels are specifically made for pulling on the highway and camping or long-term use.
  • Toy haulers - fully enclosed trailers to transport ‘toys’ such as snowmobiles and dirt bikes.
  • Horse trailers (especially those with sleeper units)
  • Pop up campers - can be collapsed for easy storage and transport.
  • All terrain vehicles - ATVs, UTVs, and snowmobiles 

RV owners are a special breed. We love to take to the highway and traveling is more than just a means to get from point ‘A’ to point ‘B’—for many of us, the journey means as much as the destination. Properly insuring your RV should be the first check off your checklist before you hit the road so you can fully enjoy your next adventure.

What makes RV insurance unique?

RV insurance is like two policies in one: it protects your vehicle like car insurance and it also protects your living area like home insurance.

Collision and road emergencies are definite risks to insure against. But when you are camping or parked, your RV becomes your home and needs to be protected against theft, fire, liability and other disasters.

Insurance for motor homes is specially designed to protect people that travel, whether you’re a full timer or more seasonal a policy can be tailored to fit your needs.

Options for Your RV Insurance Policy

When you insure your RV, you might want to consider these important options:

  • Insurance for full-time RVers
  • Vacation Liability — since you are responsible for what happens inside your mobile home and the lot or camp site it’s parked on (just like your house.)
  • 24 hour roadside assistance
  • Emergency expenses
  • Total loss coverage
  • RV contents coverage
  • Awning coverage

Get A Quote

Thank you! Oops!